Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Plans for 31 day Blogging Challenge


What is the 31 day Blogging Challenge?  The 31 day challenge is a challenge for bloggers to choose a specific topic and write a post for each day in the month of October. 

It is October 2, why start now?  Those of you that know me will not be surprised to know that I am a little late to the 31 day party but I figure better late than never.  Since this blog is new, I wasn’t going to participate this October; however, I recently discovered that October is also Spina Bifida Awareness Month. 
Why did you choose Spina Bifida as your 31 day topic?  I decided what a wonderful way to share with friends and family members some of my journey, thoughts and opinions regarding my daughter’s condition-Spina Bifida.  Every day for the rest of October I will be posting “31 Letters to the New Mom of a Child with Spina Bifida”.  Letters that I wish someone had given to me when I received that first phone call from the doctor.  Some posts may be educational on the actual medical information, some may be sad, some may be funny but more than anything I hope that it will encourage anyone that is facing a difficult event in their lives.  I also hope that the readers of this blog will participate by commenting on their own struggles. 
Thanks for stopping by and I can’t wait to hear from you all.  Please be sure to check back tomorrow for my first “letter”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment